Sales and marketing executives play a very significant role in the growth of a business. Both of them are two ubiquitous business terms that are often used interchangeably. However, there is an obvious difference between them. In this article, we will understand the complete difference between these terminologies. This blog contains the following set of concepts.
Our Readers Can Also Read:
Definition Of Sales Executive
Sales executive refers to the individuals responsible for the selling of a company’s products and services. These individuals help in introducing and demonstrating the products to the customers in order to maintain their satisfaction. Asides from buying and selling the products, these individuals also deal with managing the whole sales procedure. A sales executive is also known as a salesperson. A sales executive plays a very crucial role in creating a link between the company and its clients so as to increase profits.
Activities Of Sales Executive
Some of the activities of a sales executive are
- Fulfilling the customer’s needs and requirements
- Analyzing the sales performance
- Forecasting the sales budget
- Coordinating distributors and suppliers
- Representing the business entity in demonstrations, exhibitions, and events.
- Look over the quantity and quality before selling the goods.
Definition Of Marketing Executive
On the other hand, a marketing executive refers to the individual involved in the marketing of the goods and services of the company. Marketing executives are experts at marketing and they help a business entity in creating product awareness in the market. They also help to build, improve, and maintain the brand identity of the company. Marketing executives need to specialize in the following three divisions of marketing before carrying out responsibilities.
- Positive Marketing
- Negative Marketing
- Educational Marketing
Activities Of Marketing Executive
Some of the activities of a marketing executive are as follows.
- Creating links between the company and various stakeholders like customers, investors, shareholders, etc.
- Reviewing all the marketing operations.
- Conducting market research
- Organizing events for the promotion of the company’s products.
- Advertising through different sources.
Sales And Marketing Executives (Comparison Table)
|Basis For Differences||Sales Executive||Marketing Executive|
|Definition||Sales Executive refers to the persons who facilitate the selling of goods and services of a business entity.||It refers to the persons who are responsible for the overall activities of the firm i.e, from making a market for the new product till it is sold in the market.|
|Responsibilities||Sales executives are responsible for demonstrating the products to the customers, organizing visits, reviewing their performance, etc.||They are responsible for the promotion, advertising, and marketing of the products via different sources of media.|
|Focus||Sales executive focuses on increasing the sales volume of the company.||Marketing executive focuses on raising the brand value of the company.|
|Qualities||Confidence, communication skills, maturity, awareness, patience, and so forth.||Planning, research, advertising, customer relations, organizing events, coordination, etc.|
Key Differences Between Sales And Marketing Executives
The key differences between sales and marketing executives are as follows.
- Sales executive refers to the individuals responsible for the selling of a company’s products and services. On the other hand, a marketing executive refers to the individual involved in the marketing of the goods and services of the company.
- Sales executives must have skills like communication skills, confidence, maturity, and patience. On the other hand, marketing executives should build qualities like foresight, team spirit interpersonal skills, innovativeness, and so on.
- While sales executive primarily focuses on raising the sales ratio of the firm, marketing executive focuses on creating brand value for the company.
- Sales executives conduct activities like surveys, and demonstrations, and organize sales exhibitions. On the other hand, Marketing executives conduct planning, advertising source sponsorships, coordination, and organizing events.
So, with the above explanations, we can simply conclude that both sales and marketing executives play a very crucial role in stabilizing the market of a firm. Sales executive refers to the individuals responsible for the selling of a company’s products and services. On the other hand, a marketing executive refers to the individual involved in the marketing of the goods and services of the company.